My SCRAPBOOK (సేకరణలు): A COLLECTION of articles in English and Telugu(తెలుగు), from various sources, on varied subjects. I do not claim credit for any of the contents of these postings as my own.A student's declaration made at the end of his answer paper, holds good to the articles here too:"I hereby declare that the answers written above are true to the best of my friend's knowledge and I claim no responsibility whatsoever of the correctness of the answers."

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

MONEY TRIVIA

The Economist magazine came out with an interesting concept in 1986 called the "Big Mac Index". It takes the price of a Big Mac, the burger sold by McDonald's in different cities of the world, which is then converted using the current exchange rate to see how different the prices are, when measured using a single common currency. In the US, the average price of a Big Mac is $4.07. In India, it is around Rs.84.00- that is around $1.6!
(Young world, The Hindu, December 6, 2011)
________________________________

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home