My SCRAPBOOK (సేకరణలు): A COLLECTION of articles in English and Telugu(తెలుగు), from various sources, on varied subjects. I do not claim credit for any of the contents of these postings as my own.A student's declaration made at the end of his answer paper, holds good to the articles here too:"I hereby declare that the answers written above are true to the best of my friend's knowledge and I claim no responsibility whatsoever of the correctness of the answers."

Tuesday, December 09, 2014

1685- QUOTES TO LIVE BY!

____________________________
1. “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.” – Napoleon Hill
2. “We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
3. “Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they’ve got a second. Give your dreams all you’ve got and you’ll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you.” – William James
4. “There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.” – Peter Drucker
5. “If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” – Bruce Lee
6. “Everyone can be great because everyone can serve.” – Martin Luther King
7. “When you have completed 95 percent of you journey, you are only halfway there.” – Japanese Proverb
8. “I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.” – Abraham Lincoln
9. “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” – Les Brown
10. “God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow in them.” – Author Unknown
11. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t — you are right.” – Henry Ford
12. “We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” – Aristotle
13. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” - Zig Ziglar
14. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” - Gandhi
15. “Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is.” – Oscar Wilde
16. “I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” – Diane Ackerman.
17. “Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it?” – Caroline Myss
18. “Love is what we were born with. Fear is what we learned here.” – Marianne Williamson
19. “I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning to sail my ship.” – Louisa May Alcott.
20. “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” – T.S. Eliot

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home