My SCRAPBOOK (సేకరణలు): A COLLECTION of articles in English and Telugu(తెలుగు), from various sources, on varied subjects. I do not claim credit for any of the contents of these postings as my own.A student's declaration made at the end of his answer paper, holds good to the articles here too:"I hereby declare that the answers written above are true to the best of my friend's knowledge and I claim no responsibility whatsoever of the correctness of the answers."

Sunday, June 11, 2006

AFFIRMATIONS




























“The law of expression: Whatever is expressed, is impressed. Whatever you say to yourself, with emotion, generates thoughts, ideas and behaviours consistent with those words. Be sure to talk about the things you want, and refuse to talk about the things you don’t want. “

Anthony Robbins, world renowned expert on motivational thinking, said it best..."By repeating an affirmation over and over again, it becomes embedded in the subconscious mind, and eventually becomes your reality. That is why you need to be careful what you think and believe, because that is exactly what you will get!"

Recognize and cultivate the power of autosuggestion. It works and is an essential tool in maintaining peak performance. We are all performers in one way or another and it is particularly valuable to use such techniques of athletes and public figures for our own enhancement.

If you want to become more enthusiastic, every day repeat (when you get up in the morning, and you go to bed each night) "I am more enthusiastic today and am improving this trait daily". Repeat it for five times with feeling.
Purchase a notepad and write out this mantra over and over. Do it for three weeks (21 days) with regular practice and feel that this quality is developing. Very soon it will come.

This is a strategy that Indian sages have employed for thousands of years to aid their spiritual and mental development. Do not be discouraged if the results are not immediate, they will certainly develop. The spoken word is a powerful influence on the mind. Affirmations are always positive, present tense, and personal but while repeating them, FEEL them being a reality.


The above said procedure may be repeated with the following 14 affirmations too. The more consistently you use these affirmations, and any others you may create yourself, with feeling, the quicker you get the results.
Fourteen affirmations to live by

1]. I believe in myself and my abilities.

2]. I have a positive self image.

3]. I always focus on the positive.

4]. I always act in the present. I do it now.

5]. I take possession of mind in such strength or degree that my emotions, my instincts and my body are under my full control.

6]. I believe that every cell in my body is alive with health and energy. My body is strong and healthy with a remarkable capacity for healing.

7]. I have the inner confidence and courage.

8]. I define my purpose/ mission and reason for living (mention the purpose).

9]. I constantly visualize my purpose and I am obsessed with my purpose.

10]. I think positively, with faith that I can realise my purpose.

11]. I have a plan for my success.

12]. I execute my plan and produce desired results.

13]. I persist in my efforts with unshakable faith.

14]. Everyday, in everyway I’m getting better and better.


  • To affirm is to make firm.
  • Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become a reality.
  • The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfillment
(from my book "10 Fundamental Rules of Success", Publishers: PUSTAK MAHAL, New Delhi)
________________________________

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home