My SCRAPBOOK (సేకరణలు): A COLLECTION of articles in English and Telugu(తెలుగు), from various sources, on varied subjects. I do not claim credit for any of the contents of these postings as my own.A student's declaration made at the end of his answer paper, holds good to the articles here too:"I hereby declare that the answers written above are true to the best of my friend's knowledge and I claim no responsibility whatsoever of the correctness of the answers."

Thursday, June 21, 2007

ASKING:

Ask to get whatever you want. It is a scientific finding of psychologists that a favourable response to ASKING is a ‘conditioned response’ developed in everybody starting in early childhood, continued constantly during all the years of schooling, and established as the principal business procedure for getting things done. People can not easily say ‘no’. That is why people will do what you ask. Asking must be friendly, courteous, reasonable and persuasive- without offensive pressure and without threatening argument.

Ø Jack and Jill were walking from a religious service.

Jack wonders whether it would be alright to smoke, while praying.

Jill replies, "Why don't you ask the Priest?"

So Jack goes up to the priest and asks, "Priest, may I smoke while I pray?"

But the priest says, "No my son, you may not. That's utter disrespect to our religion."

Jack goes back to his friend and tells him what the good priest told him.

Jill says, "I am not surprised. You asked him the wrong question.Let me try".

And so, Jill goes up to the Priest and asks, "Priest, may I pray while I smoke?"

To which the priest eagerly replies, "By all means, my son. By all means."

The reply you get depends up on the question you ask!

Rarely may you get a negative response. Then you should be deaf to “no” from others. In many cases it is not a decision. They want to get convinced. Never take for granted that you will be refused. People find it difficult to refuse a confident request. Some people like to be asked repeatedly and with coaxing to boost their importance. Make them feel important and you can get their acceptance.

  • If you ask something of someone and you are upset over their response, then it wasn't a request, it was a demand.

  • Getting the right answers is only possible when you have asked the right questions.

  • Quality questions create a quality life. Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.

  • Questions provide the key to unlocking our unlimited potential.
__(from my book "10 Fundamental Rules of Success", Publishers: PUSTAK MAHAL, New Delhi) _____________________________________

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home