My SCRAPBOOK (సేకరణలు): A COLLECTION of articles in English and Telugu(తెలుగు), from various sources, on varied subjects. I do not claim credit for any of the contents of these postings as my own.A student's declaration made at the end of his answer paper, holds good to the articles here too:"I hereby declare that the answers written above are true to the best of my friend's knowledge and I claim no responsibility whatsoever of the correctness of the answers."

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

What is a female cat called?

A female cat is called a queen. Male cats, on the other hand, are called toms. Cats are generally associated with the female of the species. When you call a woman ``catty'', for example, what you are implying is that she is very unpleasant and usually has a lot of nasty things to say about others.



When a young girl dresses like a boy and seems to enjoy playing the kind of games that young boys play, then she is often called a``tomboy''.

The Hindu, Dec 18, 2001



_____________________________________

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home