My SCRAPBOOK (సేకరణలు): A COLLECTION of articles in English and Telugu(తెలుగు), from various sources, on varied subjects. I do not claim credit for any of the contents of these postings as my own.A student's declaration made at the end of his answer paper, holds good to the articles here too:"I hereby declare that the answers written above are true to the best of my friend's knowledge and I claim no responsibility whatsoever of the correctness of the answers."

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

1001 COCKTAILS

Ramki
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
"There is something about a Martini,
A tingle remarkably pleasant;
A yellow, a mellow Martini;
I wish I had one at present.
There is something about a Martini,
Ere the dining and dancing begin,
And to tell you the truth,
It is not the vermouth--
I think that perhaps it's the gin."

Ogden Nash's irreverent lines are among my favourite poems.
Here's my toast to Ogden Nash - 1000 more cocktails he'd want to sing about !





Mixing cocktails in India can be a pain. With no cocktail culture, most of the ingredients needed are just not available. So I've designed these cocktails around stuff available at most Indian stores.

Dressing up a cocktail is an art. The best way to learn cocktail dressing is to see them gloriously presented in one of my favourite blogs -
Ideas in Food by chefs Aki and Alex.

And that goes to Jukebox - Cooking challenge from Sunshine Mom.


http://ramkicooks.blogspot.com/

__________________________________

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home