My SCRAPBOOK (సేకరణలు): A COLLECTION of articles in English and Telugu(తెలుగు), from various sources, on varied subjects. I do not claim credit for any of the contents of these postings as my own.A student's declaration made at the end of his answer paper, holds good to the articles here too:"I hereby declare that the answers written above are true to the best of my friend's knowledge and I claim no responsibility whatsoever of the correctness of the answers."

Saturday, May 10, 2014

1435- Racism?

-------------------
Everyone seems to be in such a hurry to scream 'racism' these days.

In London, a customer asked,"Do you have "Sarso Da Tel?"

The shopkeeper says "are you a "Sardar"?

The guy, clearly offended, says,"Yes I am...But let me ask you something.

If I had asked for Olive Oil, would you ask me if I was Italian?

Or if I had asked for Bratwurst, would you ask me if I was German?

Or if I asked for a kosher hot dog would you ask me if I was Jewish?

Or if I had asked for a Taco, would you ask if I was Mexican?

Or if I asked for some Irish whiskey, would you ask if I was Irish?"

The shopkeeper says, "No, I probably wouldn't."

The guy says, "Well then, because I asked for Sarso Da Tel, why did you ask if I am a Sardar?"

The shopkeeper replied,
"Because, this is a WINE SHOP"
-------------------------------------

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home