My SCRAPBOOK (సేకరణలు): A COLLECTION of articles in English and Telugu(తెలుగు), from various sources, on varied subjects. I do not claim credit for any of the contents of these postings as my own.A student's declaration made at the end of his answer paper, holds good to the articles here too:"I hereby declare that the answers written above are true to the best of my friend's knowledge and I claim no responsibility whatsoever of the correctness of the answers."

Tuesday, December 09, 2014

1691- What is the meaning of life?

It has none. It is there without any reason. It is like urinating. Just witness. Even if life is understood as knowledge of the Self, the knowledge gained is untrue. There will not be a vestige of it left. As soon as the prana leaves you, you will be as if you never existed.
The Absolute is there forever. The knowledge ‘I am’ comes over the Absolute. It is the source of misery. This ‘I am’ itself is the knowledge. Your beingness is untrue. This is the essence of spirituality.
Observe yourself, keeping aside the name and form. Now how do you see yourself? Is this not enough in order to realize? Meditate on how you were before the body-form.
~ Nisargadatta Maharaj

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home