My SCRAPBOOK (సేకరణలు): A COLLECTION of articles in English and Telugu(తెలుగు), from various sources, on varied subjects. I do not claim credit for any of the contents of these postings as my own.A student's declaration made at the end of his answer paper, holds good to the articles here too:"I hereby declare that the answers written above are true to the best of my friend's knowledge and I claim no responsibility whatsoever of the correctness of the answers."

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

1930- One of the famous stories about Swami Vivekananda!

_____________________________
When Swami Vivekananda went to USA, a lady asked him to marry her. When Swami asked the lady about what made her ask him such question. She replied that she was fascinated by his intellect. She wanted a child of such an intellect. So she asked Swami, whether he could marry her and give a child like him.
He replied, since she was attracted only by his intellect, there is no problem.
“My dear lady, I understand your desire. Marrying and bringing a child in to this world and understanding whether it is intelligent or not takes very long time. More over it is not guaranteed.
Instead to fulfill your desire immediately, I can suggest a guaranteed way. Take me as your child. You are my mother. This way your desire of having a child of my intellect is fulfilled.”
The lady was speechless.
__________________________

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home