My SCRAPBOOK (సేకరణలు): A COLLECTION of articles in English and Telugu(తెలుగు), from various sources, on varied subjects. I do not claim credit for any of the contents of these postings as my own.A student's declaration made at the end of his answer paper, holds good to the articles here too:"I hereby declare that the answers written above are true to the best of my friend's knowledge and I claim no responsibility whatsoever of the correctness of the answers."

Tuesday, May 05, 2015

1933- One Minute Wisdom, Tony De Mellow

DEPTH
Said the Master to the businessman;
“As the fish perishes on dry land, so you perish when you get entangled in the world. The fish must return to the water — you must return to solitude.”
The businessman was aghast.
 “Must I give up my business and go into a monastery?”
“No. no. Hold on to your business and go into your heart. ”
(One minute wisdom, Tony De Mellow)
____________________

ILLUSION
“How shall I attain Eternal Life?”
“Eternal Life is now. Come into the present.”
“But I am in the present now, am I not?”
“No.”
“Why not?”
“Because you haven’t dropped your past.”
“Why should I drop my past? Not all of it is bad.”
“The past is to be dropped not because it is bad but because it is dead.”

________________________ 
 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home