My SCRAPBOOK (సేకరణలు): A COLLECTION of articles in English and Telugu(తెలుగు), from various sources, on varied subjects. I do not claim credit for any of the contents of these postings as my own.A student's declaration made at the end of his answer paper, holds good to the articles here too:"I hereby declare that the answers written above are true to the best of my friend's knowledge and I claim no responsibility whatsoever of the correctness of the answers."

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Bill Gate's quotes


Allmost everyone I know is struggling to get more money, even the well off. Far too many struggles just to make ends meet. Bill Gates is the world's richest man. A lot of people don't like him just because he is rich. These are a few of Bill Gate's quotes. Whether you like him or not, I suggest that you heed wisdom from the world's richest man.


>Life is not fair, get used to it.

>Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.

>Every day were saying, "How can we keep this customer happy?"

>How can we get ahead in innovation by doing this, because if we don't, somebody else will.

>Television is not real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

>Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you find yourself.

>In this business, by the time you realize you're in trouble, it's too late to save yourself. Unless you're running scared all the time, you're gone.

>If you can't make it good, at least make it look good.

>It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.

>If you think your teacher is tough, wait until you get a boss. He doesn't have tenure.

>Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose.

>640K ought to be enough for anybody.

>I've said some stupid things and some wrong things, but not that. No one involved in computers would ever say that a certain amount of memory is enough for all time.

>Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life has not. In some schools they have abolished failing grades; they'll give you as many chances as you want to get the right
answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING.

>Often you have to rely on intuition.

>I realized about 10 years ago that my wealth has to go back to society. A fortune, the size of which is hard to imagine, is best not passed on to one's children. It's not constructive for them.

>Until we're educating every kid in a fantastic way, until every inner city is cleaned up, there is no shortage of things to do.

>If you're asking whether I intentionally mess up my hair, no, I don't. And certain things, like my freckles, they're just there. I don't do anything consciously. I suppose I could get contact lenses. I suppose I could comb my hair more often.


>If there's one cultural quality we have, it's that we always see ourselves as an underdog.

>Microsoft was founded with a vision of a computer on every desk, and in every home. We've never wavered from that vision.

>If you get health, then you have opportunity for literacy.

>Health first, then literacy. Once you have literacy, then you have a chance to bring in the new tools of communication. Let people reach out and have access to the latest advances.

>My value is still so much higher than I ever expected it to be by a factor of about 50. So the fact that at one point it was say, a factor of 60, well - that wealth is all going back to society anyway.

>There will be 'two societies' in the future: high-paid knowledge workers and low-paid service workers. I'm committed to one company. This is the industry I've decided to work in.

>I'm in the same traffic as everybody else. I'm in the same airplane delay as everybody else. I sit in the same coach seat as everybody else. I keep bumping into that silly quotation attributed to me that says 640K of memory is enough.

>There's never a citation; the quotation just floats like a rumour, repeated again and again.

>I don't think it's constructive to grow up having billions of dollars. The idea that I will take a sizeable portion of my fortune and have them inherit that, I don't think that would be
to society's benefit or to their benefit. I've spoken out about this before... my philosophy of giving back my wealth to society.

William "Bill" H. Gates~

______________________________________

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Srikanth said...

Great collection man!!!!!!!!!!

3:16 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home